Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Selfless Guide: A Poem

My Selfless Guide

by Christine Winward (5-9-10)

As I partook the sacrament,
I pondered on my Savior’s love.
Despite all pain and suffering,
He freely chose to drink the cup.

How can I comprehend His love?
Who can teach me to emulate?
Then clearly to my mind, I see
My mother’s understanding face.

I recall her gentle guidance.
I feel the power of her prayers.
I know the love she feels for me,
I desire to be selfless as she is.

Suddenly my eyes are filled with tears,
The Spirit touches, I’m on fire.
I understand my Savior’s love,
Because of Mother’s loving pow’r.

Thank you dear Mother, you’re my guide.
As I travel motherhood’s road.
Just as the Savior, you’ve shown me

Selflessness and love bring joys untold.

No comments:

Post a Comment