Sunday, November 15, 2015

What would I trade motherhood for?: A Poem

What would I trade motherhood for?
Not for money, glory or fame.
Not for education of earthly acclaim.
Not for a full night’s sleep each night.
Not for running errands without a fight.
Not for time for myself to draw, sew or read.
Not for all the things I think I really need.
Not for a clean house and lovely furnishings.
Not for leaving on time and always finding my keys.
Not for quiet and peaceful mornings and eves.
Not for all the world has to give.
How can I trade away a part of myself?
Never have I known more what I can do.
Never have I surprised myself as to what I can live through.
Never have I realized the strength from within.
Never have I felt so at one with Him.
Never have tears been more sincere and sweet.
Never has life been more full and complete.
Never have blessings been so liberally given.
Never before have I felt how near is heaven.
Never have I grown and learned more.

Never have I felt more certain what I’m here for.

No comments:

Post a Comment